Thursday, January 7, 2010

DT 13.2 Blogging Non-School Related Photos

I spent a week of the holidays at home with my mum, and family 'extra's, and wanted to keep most of the 'personal' photos Personal, but here's a few goodies to share with you.

My mom has a tendency to complain about never having any good photos of herself, and since she usually wrinkles her nose and talks whenever anyone picks up a camera around her, I'm not surprised. We started some photo-therapy together this month, and this might be one of my favourites, shot with HP5.

And, while we're on the subject of film, here's a candid of the lovely Becca, on a random hang-out and shoot day.

And, on the subject of random hang-outs, I did some random antique store trolling with a friend one afternoon... peacock feathers were only four bucks a piece!



Tish, my adorable dog-friend who resides in the country with my family. I could take a million photos of her and never truly capture her many moods.




I switched up my shooting style for some random New Years stuff... this couple came to the bar clad in leather pants, and set off my desire to find a pair. There is something horrendously cool about leather pants. Oh, and.... I really like this shot.


The dance floor was dead. Zoom-bursts saved the day.


With all the spare time I had, I found time to shoot some self-portraits. It's a great way for me to honestly explore different techniques and compositions, and it usually helps me relax, but this one drove me crazy. I'd had an original, but knew it could use some work... and when Aaron gave me a few suggestions I leapt to the chance to try something new. This was the closest I could get to a perfect shot, before the shoes drove me mad.


I usually get lost in the smaller details of objects, and while this isn't a Macro (you'll notice that there ARE none?!), I was definitely 'hung up' on this chandelier. Ha...


Food, food, and more food. My mom baked about a billion cookies. Literally.


And, in closing, I love my mum.


-Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment