Friday, September 18, 2009

Digital Techniques - In-Class Assignment



I find defining 'genres' in photography to be an impossible task, especially when asked to define one particular genre, especially when that genre is titled as your 'favourite'. To break the 'kind' or 'type' of photography that I enjoy (most of all) down into a single word/sentence, wouldn't be possible. Especially since I wouldn't know how to answer that question, even in a paragraph. Pretenses aside, however, I'll throw out a few words which describe what I enjoy most in photographs.

Experimentation and uniqueness...
Emphasis on natural beauty/beauty in nature...
Documentation on Humanitarian and Environmental Relief...

Etc.

In the next ten months, I hope to learn as much as I can! I really just want to keep an open sponge-like mind, and absorb everything school has to offer. Technically, artistically, historically, etc etc, and personally.

Best-photography related memory? Off the top of my head - unwrapping my very first camera at Christmas. I was seven years old, and thrilled with the possibilities rolled up in my film canisters. It. Was. Awesome.

End.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry for messing up your blog entry. OPPSSS. :(

    I really liked the way you supplied links in your blog entry.

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was worth the wait :) Looking forward to seeing what you do!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete