Monday, September 28, 2009

Working the subject... 100 creative(?) ways

This assignment likely wasn't as terrible as I thought it was.

But I did not enjoy it.

It was brutal.

Firstly, I tried selecting the objects as if I didn't know what the assignment's objective was. I didn't want an unfair advantage, so I tried to pretend that I couldn't work with some of my more photographically workable objects.

I came up with a bunch of excuses for why I wouldn't like the assignment, and maintained a fairly discouraging attitude throughout the whole experience. This clearly wasn't helpful in any way... but it did help teach me an important lesson. If I had set my mind to creating 100 various images of my objects, with a positive mindset, I likely would have produced much better photos. It shouldn't be a difficult thing, to access that positive determined space, but I just have to become aware of 'the way' I am, and work towards having a 'better' photographic mind. I will definitely apply what I learned here in the rest of my work. Can't wait!

1 comment: