Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Composition at Home

Although I have a very limited work-space in terms of the size of my apartment, I do find it to be visually stimulating a lot of the time... it was nice to work in a familiar place, and I wish I had been able to spend more time doing it! The only issue I had shooting this assignment was the lighting (and being un-at-home). My apartment is usually a VERY halogen(y) space, and photos taken there are usually overly-warm and soupy looking. I worked a bit with daylight and the white-balance to try to create different moods/feelings than WARM, which is usually the only element I detract from pictures in my place.

Here are a few examples of different compositional elements I found (quickly) in my home.


Symmetrical Balance


Line


Rhythm


Texture


Form


Depth

No comments:

Post a Comment